The Philips Respironics Amara View is a full face mask design featuring lightweight materials and core full face components. The Amara View CPAP Mask offers efficient CPAP therapy without a forehead support. Be prepared to experience sleep therapy with a ‘view’.
Respironics Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask
Login or Call for Price
Philips Respironics’ Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear opens the line of visibility during sleep therapy by omitting the traditional forehead support. The compact, full face mask is designed to seal around the mouth and nostrils with the help of an innovative nostril opening. The mask is secured by positioning the nasal opening under the nose and adjusting the headgear to a comfortable fit.
- Open Vision Design
- Under the Nose Cushion
- Lightweight Materials
- Universal Size Mask Frame
- Adjustable Headgear with Crown Strap
- Short Tube with Elbow and Swivel
- Quick Release Headgear Clips
Open Vision Design
This design offers a wide range of visibility. This full face mask is controlled by the strong seal created around the base of the nose and mouth, with additional support provided by headgear extending from the front of the mask to the crown of the head. Unlike other full face masks, it does not need a forehead support to steady the mask.
Under the Nose Cushion
A rectangular hole is found at the top of the full face cushion. This nostril opening is intended to allow the necessary pressure into the nostrils without irritating the nose. Gently glide your nose over the nostril opening to find the intended fit. Please Note: The user must keep their nose above the nostril opening, not letting it fall through the crevice. CPAP therapy is impaired when the nose is not securely placed over the opening.
Furthering the minimalistic design, the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear is composed of lightweight materials. The soft, silicone full face cushion snaps into a lightweight frame, which covers only the nostrils and mouth. The frame and full face cushion do not extend past the base of the nose, relieving the user from bearing the weight of the mask on the bridge of their nose. Instead, the headgear evenly displaces the weight of the mask to help lower the number of pressure points. The headgear should fit comfortably, be careful not to over-tighten.
Universal Size Mask Frame
The Amara View Full Face Mask features a universal mask frame. This is a convenience feature which allows the user to easily replace the compatible cushions when needed. The Amara View Full Face cushions in size small, medium, and large are compatible with this mask frame. If the time has come to replace your cushion, make the selection without re-purchasing the entire mask. Simply find the Amara View full face cushion, select the correct size, and replace.
Adjustable Headgear with Crown Strap
The Amara View Full Face mask features a innovative headgear with four points of adjustment around the mask frame and a fifth point of adjustment using a crown strap at the top of the head. The crown strap crosses directly over the top of the head, creating a halo shape around the back of the user’s head. The number of adjustment options creates a design that helps promote a more secure grip and even distribution of pressure.
Short Tube with Elbow and Swivel
Respironics designed a short tube for the Amara View Full Face Mask. The tube extends from the front of the mask frame and connects to the cuff of the CPAP hose. Attach the built-in elbow to the mask frame and secure the swivel to the cuff of the CPAP hose. The flexible tubing moves freely with the motion of the user, giving the user more mobility. The 360 degree motion provided by the swivel causes less of a pull on the CPAP hose and increases the user’s chance of maintaining a strong seal throughout the night.
Quick Release Headgear Clips
Waking up in the middle of the night can be difficult. With quick release headgear clips, simply rotate and lift the clips to swiftly remove the mask from your face. The headgear is designed to maintain its shape while the clips are detached, so re-applying the headgear might be accomplished with ease.
CPAP Video & FAQ
Materials Components of the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
- Mask Frame: Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Swivel: Polycarbonate
- Full Face Cushion: Liquid Silicone Rubber
- Tubing: Thermoplastic Polyester Elastomer
- Headgear Clips: Thermoplastic Polyester Elastomer
- Quick Release Tabs: Polyoxymethylene
- Headgear: Polyurethane, Nylon – LycraOther Specifications
- Weight – Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear (Including All Parts): 4.93 ounces
- Weight – Mask Frame: 0.9 ounces
- Weight – Short Tube: 1.41 ounces
- Weight – Headgear (Standard Size): 1 ounce
- Weight – Headgear Clips: 0.19 ounces
- Measurements – Short Tube: 14.5 inches excluding connections
- Measurements – Headgear (Standard Size):
- Lower Strap: 7.5 in L x 0.75 in W excluding quick release tabs
- Upper Strap: 6.25 in L x 0.5 in W excluding quick release tabs
- Crown Strap: 8 in L x 0.75 in W excluding quick release tabs
- Center Band: 2 in L x 5 in W
- Measurements – Headgear Clips: 1.5 in L x 1 in W x 0.5 in H
- Storage Temperature: -4 degree F to 140 degree F (-20 degree C to 60 degree C)
- Storage Relative Humidity: 15% to 95%, non-condensing
- Inspiratory Resistance with Anti-Asphyxia Valve Open to Atmosphere at 50 SLMP: 2.0cm H2O
- Expiratory Resistance with Anti-Asphyxia Valve Open to Atmosphere at 50 SLMP: 1.5cm H2O
- Anti-Asphyxia Valve Closed to Atmosphere: A sustained minimum pressure of 3 cm H2O is required to ensure the valve closes.
- Anti-Asphyxia Valve Open to Atmosphere: The valve will open when pressure is no longer detected.