How small and lightweight is the Z1 Travel CPAP Machine? Very! At just 6 1/2 inches long and weighing only 10 ounces, it is the lightest CPAP machine available. Data recording capability, quiet operation, and theOPTIONAL integrated Powershell with Battery makes the Z1 versatile and portable for use at home or while traveling.
HDM Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
Login or Call for Price
Imagine being able to tuck a CPAP machine with very quiet operation that weighs less than a can of soda into a brief case or tote. Think how easily CPAP therapy can be made part of an active lifestyle when the tiny machine has an optional lightweight, integrated battery system to use on the go. The Z1 Travel CPAP Machine makes it a reality. This is a single pressure CPAP machine and delivers one set pressure all night long. It includes advanced features found on much larger machines meeting therapy needs while traveling or at home.
- Small & Lightweight
- Discrete Size & Shape
- Quiet Operation
- Z-Breathe Pressure Relief
- Auto Altitude Adjusting
- Leak Compensation
- Ramp Feature
- OPTIONAL Integrated Battery
- Free Data Viewing Software
Tiny & Lightweight
The Z1 CPAP machine is the lightest on the market. Its small size makes this machine great for putting in a carry on, overnight bag or backpack for camping and hiking. When used at home, the small size takes up little room on the bedside table. Small rubber feet on the machine base help to stabilize the unit. It weighs just 10 ounces and measures 6.48″ L x 3.3″ W x 2.02″ making it roughly the size of a can of soda.
The Z1 CPAP Machine operates at 26 dBA making it one of the quietest machines on the market. How quiet is 26 decibels? A very quiet room fan 3 feet away and set to a low speed is noted as 35dBA.
- Z-Breathe Pressure Relief: The Z1 CPAP machine offers a reduction in the air pressure to smooth the exhalation process making breathing with the machine a more natural process. Per the manufacturer, set Z-Breathe to 1 for gentle pressure relief, 2 for moderate pressure relief, and 3 for the most aggressive pressure relief.Please Note: Setting 3 is only available through the latest firmware upgrade. Z1 machines purchased prior to June 2014 will need to have the firmware updated to enable Setting 3. Please see the “Firmware Update” section below for instructions on how to install this update if needed.
- Auto Altitude Adjustment: The Z1 CPAP machine can operate from sea level up to 8,000 feet above sea level. The machine automatically adjusts as needed to accommodate changes in elevation.
- Leak Compensation: To help ensure the prescribe pressure is being met during therapy the Z1 machine adjusts the pressure to account for minor air leaks. If an excessive air leak is detected the word “REMINDER” is displayed on the screen. Correct the leak to remove the word reminder.
The Z1 CPAP machine includes a ramp feature that can be set from 0 to 45 minutes. This allows the therapy pressure to begin at a lower starting pressure and work up to the prescribed pressure. Many CPAP users find this a more comfortable way to fall to sleep. The machine can be set with or without a ramp time.
OPTIONAL Integrated PowerShell Battery
The Z1 CPAP can be ready to go with the optional PowerShell with Battery. The battery is fully integrated with the machine using the unique PowerShell design which holds both the machine and battery in one compact bundle. Battery can be used to run the Z1 machine independently or use the battery as a fail over in case the AC power is interrupted. The PowerShell even includes a handy lanyard allowing the machine and battery to be hung close at hand, such as on a headboard.
Data Recording & Software
The Z1 CPAP machine records data including the usage time and leaks. The software can be downloaded here:Z1 Software. At this time the software is only compatible with 32 and 64 bit Windows computers. It is not currently compatible with Mac operating systems.
Software Instructions: Once installed, open the software and connect the Z1 Travel CPAP Machine in STANDBY Mode using the included Micro USB Cable. The “Sync with Device” option should then be offered and selected to view available data. Please note that Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5 is required to install and use this software, and can be downloaded here.
Firmware Update: A firmware update has been released for the Z1 Travel CPAP Machine. To download and install the firmware, follow these steps:
- The Z1 Data Recording Software must be downloaded and installed prior to updating the firmware. Please see instructions above regarding this software.
- Sync the Z1 Travel CPAP Machine using the Data Recording Software and save current data stored on the Z1 Machine so it is not lost during the firmware upgrade. After syncing disconnect the Z1 Machine from the PC.
- Click here to download the firmware upgrade.
- After the firmware is installed, connect the Z1 Machine to the PC and follow the instructions to complete the upgrade process.
Please Note: This update is for the Z1 CPAP only. This update should not be installed on the Z1 Auto. The Z1 Auto contains different firmware which could be damaged if the firmware for the Z1 CPAP is installed.
CPAP Video & FAQ
This Product Includes…
- 4 Foot Slim Style Tube
- 1 – Disposable Filter
- Tube Adapter
- AC Power Supply
- Power Cord
- Micro USB Cable
- 1 – Heat Moisture Exchange Unit
Device Dimensions: 6.48 Inches L x 3.3 Inches W x 2.02 Inches H ( 16.46 cm x 8.38 cmp x 5.13 cm)
Device Weight: 10 Ounces
Power Cord Length: 6 Feet
Power Supply Cord Length: 47 Inches
Power Brick Dimensions: 3 3/4″ L x 1 3/4″ W x 1 1/4″ H
Weight of Power Supply (Without Cord): 0.4 lbs (6.34 oz.)
Weight of Power Supply With Cord: 0.6 lbs (9.41 oz.)
30 W AC Supply Input Range: 100-240V, 50-60Hz
European Voltage Usage: Yes, outlet adapters required
Typical Power Consumption: 20W (30VA)
Maximum Power Consumption: 35W (70VA)
Operating Sound Level: 26 dBA
Available Pressures: 4-20 cmH2O
Pressures Setting Increments: .5 cmH2O
Ramp: 0 – 45 Minutes
Operating Modes: Standby, CPAP, CPAP with Ramp
Z-Breathe Settings: 1,2, or 3 (1 = Gentle, 2 = Moderate, 3 = Maximum Drop in Pressure at Exhalation)
Z1 Machine Warranty: 3 Years
Device Housing Construction: Flame retardant engineered thermoplastic
Filter Material: Polyester Fiber
Air Outlet Dimension: 22mm conical air outlet
Supplemental Oxygen Usage: NOT for use with supplemental oxygen
Operating Altitude: Sea level to 8,000 ft (2,591 m)
Operating Temperature: 41 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit (5 to 35 degrees Celsius)
Operating Relative Humidity: 10 to 80% non-condensing
Storage and Transport Temperature: -4 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 60 degrees Celsius)Storage and Transport Relative Humidity: 10 to 80% non-condensing
Operating Atmospheric Pressure: 101 to 75.3 kPA
Electromagnetic Compatibility: Compatible with IEC 60601-1-2
IEC 60601-1 Classification: Class II (double insulation), Type BF
Aircraft Use: Complies with RTCA DO-160G standard for use in flight
Stored Data: Time of Use, Leaks
On Board Data Storage Time: 30 Days of Treatment
Software Operating System Compatibility: Windows 8 or Older
OPTIONALMicro SD Card Dimensions: 11.0 mm Wide × 15.0 mm Long x 1.0 mm Deep (0.433 in Wide × 0.591 in Long x 0.039 in Deep)
OPTIONAL Z1 Battery Specs 14.4v Li Ion Battery; 45 Watt hour; Complies with RTCA/DO-160, Section 21, Category M
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave the Z1 Travel CPAP Machine at the following default settings:
- Ramp: Off
- ZBreathe Setting: 2 (Moderate)